THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My name is Matt, and I Remember Everything...

A random RE:A quote that popped into my head. That was a good movie. So i do remember there was a lot. First off, let me tell you about my paper fetish. I love a nice, clean slate of paper, mostly lined. So i love notebooks. I am very OCD about what goes on the paper. When i write, if something is sloppy, messy or wrong. I simply throw that page away and start with a new one. I am all about perfection. So i naturally love a nice clean new notebook. I have a small notebook that is very clean. I decided to make it "my notebook". It is the one that will be written in the most with ideas, concepts, and lists. I am using my old messenger bag thats really retro, its my favourite. I will carry all proper things, notebooks, books, writing implements, and other things i need daily. Whatever projects I do, even the most simple ones, they are always done in a professional way. I like when things are done this way and not given the effort it deserves. If you don't give all the effort you can, the evolution of your talent does not progress as fast as it would if you gave it your all. So all my projects are done in the most professional way they can be.

So being the "creative team" for the band Ask Alaska (see previous post), i have decided to take charge of all that is needed to be done, because i hear that the person they did "hire" to do all the stuff isn't that good. So i have to manage the various websites, and design an array of things. I fell in love with Photoshop and realized i can do really well on this program. So i went and decided that i will make a "demo" cd cover for their EP "Pregame". It came out really, really well and i was very proud of it. So i have decided that Photoshop will be one of my favorite computer programs. I will design a full cd layout, with the tray card and the cover and possibly the cd design as well. I will also make the designs for all the merchandise and do all types of cool promotional things. Although they aren't professional band, they do deserve it and i would want someone to do the same. I am their consultant, their guide, not their manager or boss. I don't tell them what to do, i just simply give examples and suggestions because i know more about these things then them so it is only right to share with the people you love.
I have taken initiative in my own music and compositions. One of the first original music ventures i wanted to pursue was one of my all time passions: symphonic heavy metal. My favorite band is Nightwish and i always wanted to be in a band or a solo artist that sang that type of music. I tried out in a few bands when i thought that i only wanted to sing others peoples music and simply help them, because i wasn't confident in making my own music. As i practiced, i realized i do have potential. So i made the initiative to record my music. I am planning on releasing an EP, that is made of 7 songs that i have written by myself, with the exception of one Nightwish song. I wrote the first draft of the lyrics, which will be altered and proofread to make them as good as i could get them. I will have to compose the music after, i have some ideas already, and hopefully get it out. Unless i find a legit band, i will probably use an in studio band to record this and see what happens after that. I hope it shows my flexibility in music styling and to create something many people can enjoy. I already designed a mock cover for the release, and have created my logo. SoulGuard is my "stage name", or whatever you call it, seeing as though i created the word and I love it so much, and it really fits me. So it is better than some of the other ones. I hope it gives a sense of self and identity. I took some pictures that need to be Photoshopped and edited, another thing i always loved. I love editing pictures and making them look "cool". I plan on having definately having a choir included in this recording, I have many friends in my choir that are more than willing to participate for free, i would love to have a small orchestra, but that is too much. Instead I plan on using synth, hopefully sampled sounds and not computer generated, and also some solo instrumentalists, also friends. I am excited to see where this goes as long as I don't blow it off and give up.
For the Godzilla Songbook, which is entitled "The Music of Toho's Godzilla", I am still trying to nail down the proposed songs and finalize a song list to get on this quickly, but not rushed. I have to find the rhythms and the basic line, then embellish, and notate all i do. After it is finalized, i will record it and publish the sheet music. It is a lot, but I am so lucky to know how to multi task.
I have to do a project for a book called "Speak", it is very fun. I have to design a movie poster, which some are simply doing elementary school effort into so it comes out like it would if they were in 5th Grade. I am utilizing PHOTOSHOP! It will be great and It will probably be the best in the class. I am not high headed and arrogant, when something i do is good, i know its good, facts are facts, i don't mean to be this way, which people think I am, its just the truth. I am not rude or anything, its just my personality. I can come off the wrong way sometimes. But, i also have to to write a transcript for the movie trailer, being me, i am recording the trailer as well, with with my fellow actors on the voices and myself on the music. In addition to this, I will also be doing a faux soundtrack. The more effort, the better the score, the better the grade, the better the result.
Still with me? I told you i had a lot.
My iPod, or now retitled the iUltimate, which holds all the music I love on it, will be currently be uploaded with a vast array of music. I decided that, as i get older, i want to keep as much musical memories as I can. It is one of those weird personal things. I am downloading all I can, some hold more interest than others, but still it is for the best.
In a result of my rediscoverence of Godzilla and he brings, I have decided to take on another unfinished task. Learning Japanese. From the beginning, I have always had a love Japan. I even told people I was Japanese. Before all the anime revolution, I was busy watching Godzilla, and devouring every Japan related toy or book and learning all about it. Most of it is forgotten in the back of my mind, but the more i think, the more I remember. I always wanted to learn Japanese, for when I do visit the land of the rising sun, I will be greatly prepared. I have a tattered Berlitz book for beginners, which I never used (for reasons that will be explained in another post. Hint: Book Fetish), but now I have something to start with. I have a list of all the berlitz books available so i can begin this task, which i look forward to very much.
On top of learning japanese, I am now rediscovering Manga/Anime. I never really was a fan, except for the Pokemon and YuGiOh! days, but when all the hype was getting up, I was into it only for the hype, but kind of enjoyed it more. I gave that up quick until i went to AnimeNext convention. I didn't think that I would enjoy it, but i LOVED IT! It was the atmosphere, the people, the experience. Everyone was so nice, which most people do not know because the they think they are nerds and weird, but these people are great. I love the culture and everything. I am gushing as i sit here typing this. I was a fan of the culture, not of actual manga titles, but its pure fun that i will always love. But i decided to go into it after listening to Kalafina, a japanese girl group that sing beautiful songs, which are included in a certain anime, but i loved it so much. I started looking up other theme songs and various vocal songs, Cruel Angel's Thesis from Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of my alltime favorites. I am trying to find a compilation album with a collection of songs, seeing I want to broaden my horizons. When i went to the bookstore on friday, i scoured the Manga section, i needed to pick one copy of manga to get started, seeing i had limited money and had to get a music related book. I scoured and found one called "It Takes a Wizard". I took it home and realized it was an OEL Manga (Original English Language), meaning it wasn't genuine. I was first turned off, seeing that it was "fake", but it is a good story regardless. So i have to go back and look at those titles. I would love to buy so many books, but for full priced one volume books, i can't really do that, but i will!
Thats the end of this post! Supplement posts will come later.

Matthew

0 comments: